Hello everyone, and BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 owners.
For some, typing on our BlackBerry Bold 99xx keyboard is a daily necessity to communicate with our family, our friends, our girlfriend(s) ehh easy there buddy! & our boyfriend(s) come on! you too!
There’s a ton of apps which require us to send messages via Twitter for BlackBerry #T4BB 188.8.131.52 [yeah, I’m hardcore; see my 30K blog], Facebook for BlackBerry 184.108.40.206 (for all those who like to converse via the “Chat” feature or send a PM here or there (wanna be friends?)
Maybe it’s via IM, such as Google Talk (which got a huge version jump to 10.0.0.103), but people, I tell you now, nothing…absolutely nothing compares to the KING of BlackBerry communication ladies & gentlemen, and that is….BlackBerry Messenger 220.127.116.11
Yep, BlackBerry Messenger, which has evolved into such a popular application, that no other mobile platform can even touch it!
As of current, the latest version BlackBerry Messenger 18.104.22.168 (for all you BlackBerry Beta Zone users) unless of course you wish to just install the latest official version, and since I have some time on my hands, I’ll even provide the links above just for you, my readers, and followers (hopefully).
Anyways, the whole point of this blog is that due to all this crazy non stop ’round the clock (for some) typing on your BlackBerry device, it seems to rapidly exceed the wear and tear on our keyboard (take a look at mine below, brutal, ehh?)
What is the solution you ask?
Go to your local mall? naaaa maybe Walmart? riiiiight – try again!
Guess how much it cost to replace a keyboard? $50? $40 nope ok, how about $30! no…..how about US$12 bucks! Yep.
So, for US$12 bucks, (sometimes even include shipping) a brand new keyboard for your BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 device.
If you noticed, these pictures I snapped up (Jan.18/2013) shows a brand new keyboard without the track-pad membrane/PBC flex cable as I messed up the first order via @eBay….ooopsThis picture below shows a new Bold 99xx keyboard, including the track-pad membrane, and the PBC flex cable, if you’re not sure what that is, see the pictures I have provided to make it as easy as possible.
Next is tools…uhh yeah, tools.
What? did you think you were just gonna snap it off with your bare hands, and snap it back on, ohhh how we wish it were that easy.
Attention: You may follow these steps, I would like to note that I’m not responsible if you mess up your BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 device due to performing this keyboard replacement at your own risk.
- Remove the battery cover and battery.
- You need a case opener tool to remove the small plastic cover on the bottom front of the Bold 99xx device.
- There’s 2 x silver T5 screws you need to remove from the device.
- Use your case opener tool to pry open the keyboard very carefully.
- The keyboard is connected to the motherboard via a single ribbon cable.
- You need to carefully snap off the single ribbon cable from the motherboard.
- Take your brand new keyboard, and reconnect the single ribbon cable to the motherboard.
- Grab the 2x silver T5 screws, and screw back the keyboard to your device.
- Apply the small plastic cover back to the bottom front of your device.
- Enjoy your brand new keyboard on your BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 device, and if you did it because of my webpage, please share furiousguido.com to your family & friends. Thank you very much!
Please post any comments below if you have any questions, concerns, or issues you may have with this blog, and I will reply back as soon as possible (usually within 1 hour).
UPDATE Jan.19, 2013 @ 03:45 PM
If you’re wondering why I haven’t posted an after picture of my BlackBerry Bold 9900 keyboard replacement, it’s ’cause my cheap case opener tool broke as I was attempting to pry the crappy one for the new one – will tweet an update later on today. TY!
[Toronto, ON, Canada//E.S.T. Eastern Standard Time Zone]