Seems BlackBerry Beta Zone has surprised legacy BlackBerry owners with a new Facebook for BlackBerry version, this one coming in at 18.104.22.168
I have provided known issues below, courtesy of Beta Zone, in addition to actual 22.214.171.124 screen shots from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 OS7 device.
Known Issues for Facebook 126.96.36.199
- User might experience profile image issues within notifications quick view
- User may experience scrolling issues
- Liking a photo from a photo comment screen takes you back to the full screen photo
- User may experience incorrect comment count under certain conditions
- Facebook Pull to Refresh Events hangs if more events are displayed in landscape
- Back key does not close add comment dialog on photo full view screen
Facebook for BlackBerry 4.0 – Direct Beta Zone link HERE
Note: you need to Accept the Eligibility Declaration prior to downloading the Facebook for BlackBerry 4.0 file.
Facebook for BlackBerry 4.0 proceed to download (default) English language or choose other by scrolling down.
Proceed to download and install Facebook for BlackBerry 4.0 via BB Beta Zone
You will be prompted to replace any prior (Official or Beta) Facebook for BlackBerry file – click Replace
You will be prompted to reboot your BlackBerry device to complete the Facebook for BlackBerry 4.0 beta file install – click Reboot.
Once your BlackBerry device has rebooted, obtain the unique Facebook for BlackBerry 4.0 – Keycode from your email inbox, copy & paste, once your account is connected with BBM, proceed to configure your Options, then Save.
Note: You may receive 2 emails from BB Beta Zone, please copy and paste using the latest email instead.
Facebook for BlackBerry – 4.0 is now connected to BBM.
If you have any further suggestions, issues, or questions, please post below to the comment area.
I will try to respond as soon as possible.
I may edit this WordPress blog to add, and/or correct any information if necessary.
By: Guido DR @furiousguido
Posted: Apr 16, 2013 12:40PM EST