The latest Twitter 4.1 client (188.8.131.52) is available for download!
This version has many bug fixes and a few new features, check them out below!
New Features Include:
- Edit Profile Screen: Ability to upload or update the Banner Header picture via the Media Gallery or device camera.
- Extended Profile Screen – Now fully functional!
- Tweets Section showing the latest three tweets and View more Tweets
- Buttons Section for Following, Followers
- User Action buttons for the Active User (Gear Icon, Manage Accounts, Direct Messages) or Another User’s view (Actions and Follow/Following buttons)
- Favorites and Lists and Find Friends button is available at the bottom of the EP Screen
- Swipeable Header:
- New support for the Banner Header picture
- Full touch support plus trackpad navigation, panel dots navigation and micro focus on clickable elements including hashtags, usernames and URLs for both touch and non-touch devices
- Devices with landscape support, orientation changes are now supported.
- UI is completely redesigned and aligned more closely with other mobile Twitter clients.
- Unique to the BlackBerry client is ability to click and view the Location Info on a map.
- The existing Profile Thumbnail picture has been moved and is overlayed in the middle Pane 1 along with Screen Name and Username.
- Swiping goes to pane 2 and shows Bio Text, Location and Website information.
- If Bio Text is too long for Pane 2, it will be truncated with ellipsis and Location and URL will appear on Pane 3
Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones 4.1
Direct BlackBerry Beta Zone link HERE
Note:I have edited this WordPress blog with actual screen shots from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 OS7 device, successfully installed Twitter for BlackBerry 184.108.40.206 via BlackBerry Beta Zone.
Note: you may received 2 different BlackBerry key-codes via Beta Zone, please pick the most recent key-code.
When everything is said and done, remember to reboot your BlackBerry device, and click Connect to BBM, plus make sure you re-configure your Twitter Settings.
- Twitter for BlackBerry has full access to BBM.
- Check/Un-check Tweet refresh in background.
- Check/Un-check Notify on replies and mentions.
- Check/Uncheck Notify on retweets.
- Check/Uncheck Notify on favorited tweets.
- Check/Uncheck Notify on new followers.
- Check/Uncheck Add location to tweet.
- Check/Uncheck Update BBM personal message when Tweeting.
- Check/Uncheck Integrate in Messages Application.
Guido DR @furiousguido