As you may, or may not know, BlackBerry Beta Zone has posted (Consumer) BlackBerry Navigator 1.0 for several models, which I have provided below for everyone who may be interested to download after reading my blog, or perhaps in the future.
BlackBerry Navigator 1.0 is available for these models below;
- BlackBerry Curve 9320
- BlackBerry Curve 9360, 9350, 9370
- BlackBerry Curve 9380
- BlackBerry Torch 9810
- BlackBerry Torch 9850, 9860
- BlackBerry Bold 9900, 9930
- BlackBerry Bold 9790
- BlackBerry Porsche P’9981
- BlackBerry Curve 9300, 9330
- BlackBerry Style 9670
- BlackBerry Bold 9700, 9780, 9650
- BlackBerry Torch 9800
(Consumer) BlackBerry Navigator 1.0
Posted: Mar 18, 2013
The following is a list of issues that appear in the latest BlackBerry Navigator 1.0 application (220.127.116.117):
- UI – Missing borders on some graphic elements: Language translation resulted in some longer strings, causing the graphic container to be exceeded and messages to be truncated
- Default Distance units set incorrectly: Menu > Preferences > Regional > Distance default setting Local Standard uses ft/mi units in Australia and France. Actual default setting should be m/km.
- Highway name announcement in multiple languages: Some highway names may be announced in a language other than the local language during a navigation session.
- Main menu “Help” label: The Help label in the main menu appears as a dirty string (e.g. de-de:Help) for non-English users.
- Issue When Signal Lost: During weak cellular reception a message pops up stating “This feature is not available in roaming areas.” When signal is regained and/or roaming ceases, the screen times out every 10 seconds though voice instructions continue. To set the screen backlight to always on, the navigation session must be restarted.
- Lock screen coming on during journey: The screen backlight should remain on while BlackBerry Navigator is navigating a route to a destination.
- Error Message 4003: When searching an address in Germany the address appears in the list of results, but when selected for navigation a 4003 error occurs. Searching and navigating POIs in the UK is successful.
The following is a list of issues that appear in the latest BlackBerry Navigator 1.0 application (18.104.22.1689):
- United Kingdom addresses using 7-character postcodes may display “E” rather than “England.”
- From Map, previous category search overrides subsequent Single Search results when using Menu > List.
- Subsequent Single Search result sets with different search terms may not sort correctly by distance.
Note: I have provided these screen shots below via my BlackBerry Bold 9900 OS7 device to guide users who may need help how to install BlackBerry Navigator 1.0 [version 22.214.171.1241].
BB Beta Zone Sign In
Download and install the latest BlackBerry Navigator 126.96.36.1991 to your OS6 or OS7 device via Wi-Fi or mobile network connection.
BB Navigator 188.8.131.521 Download and Install
Once you have installed the file, and your BlackBerry device has restarted, check your email inbox from BlackBerry Beta Zone which has the required keycode for BB Navigator 1.0.
BB Navigator 184.108.40.2061 Keycode via BB Beta Zone
Note: Once you’ve successfully entered your BlackBerry Navigator keycode , you will be prompted with a License Acknowledgement screen, scroll down and click, “I Agree”.
Enter your Blackberry Navigator keycode from Beta Zone below.
Navigator Beta Zone Keycode Required
You will be prompted with the Application Permissions Request screen, which is required before accessing the BlackBerry Navigator 1.0 application.
Applications Permission Request
Blackberry Navigator will now check for a [BES, BIS, Wi-Fi, WAP 2.0] connection (which can be configured via Preferences>Connection)
BB Navigator-checking for network
BB Navigator Downloading Resources
BBM Connected Application window will appear (click Connect) so you can send data, location, etc., to your BBM contacts.
BB Navigator BBM Connected Application
Once the application has connected to your BBM, you will see the screen confirming it.
BB Navigator is now connected to BBM
Note: once BlackBerry Navigator 1.0 [version 220.127.116.111] is installed, I would suggest that you click Preferences to make the proper changes;
- Regional – change the Distance (ft/mi, m/km, yd/mi, Local Standard) , Temperature (F or C), Time (12/24hr), Date (MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY), Roaming Mode (On or Off).
- Route Options – Mode (Car or Walk), Route (fastest, Shortest, Simplest), Show (Places on Map)
- plus many more
If you have any other suggestions, questions, or concerns, please post them in the comment area below, and I will try to respond as soon as possible.
By: Guido DR @furiousguido
Date: April 17, 2013